Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the various flavours and distributions of Linux available and which one to pick for a particular purpose
- Install Linux on a machine
- Install, uninstall and upgrade specific packages
- Work with filesystems and mount them as required
- Profile the system and decode the proc filesystem
- Configure the boot process and automate and schedule processes
- Run services at specific run-levels
- Configure network and Internet, configure DNS, IP address, firewall, etc.
- configure mail servers, FTP servers and remote login
- Manage user accounts and monitor resource usage
- Configure web servers, database servers, etc.